Whether you are considering Protect My Car for a vehicle service contract or you are an existing customer, you obviously want to know where these warranties can be used and what mechanic you can go to! Having a warranty is great for peace of mind, but actually getting to use them to save hundreds or even thousands on car repairs makes you feel like it is your lucky day. So where can Protect My Car’s Vehicle Service Contracts be redeemed for service?
The short answer is the Protect My Car warranties can be used at any ASE (automotive service excellence) certified mechanic, or any dealership. This includes well over 500,000 locations nationwide! This means that you get a well certified mechanic that you don’t have to look too hard to find. We want to make the service part of our contracts as seamless as possible with as little stress for our customers as we can.
We do this by making sure the services being provided are done by the best mechanics in the business. And in our opinion (and just about everyone else in the automotive industry) an ASE mechanic is a good as you can get. Here is why:
What Is An ASE Certified Mechanic?
ASE mechanics (Automotive Service Excellence mechanics) are those who have passed a certain certification through the non profit organization ASE. What that name means is that these mechanics meet an extremely high standard and have specialized in at least one division of vehicles. They must:
- Have 2 years of experience in the automotive repair industry
- Be able to pass the examination put on 2x per year by ASE at least once every 5 years
- Specialize in a certification
Mechanics are able to choose which special certification types to get through ASE’s certification process. Options for specialty include heating and cooling, suspension, and much more.
There are different divisions within an ASE certification and mechanics who have been certified with the non profit can optionally become certified as master mechanics under the brand.
Regardless of which certification level they reach, the mechanics who have achieved an ASE certification are considered experts in the automotive repair industry. This is because they have specialized training and must maintain an up to date knowledge of industry standards to keep their certification.
The Brief History Of Automotive Service Excellence
The full name for ASE is the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence which was created in 1972 and has been certifying automotive professionals for the last 50 years. ASE is a non-profit dedicated to ensuring the standard for mechanics in the United States. Since the company’s inception, there have been over 300,000 mechanics certified by the brand.
The moto of the National institute for Automotive Service Excellence is that its certifications are beneficial for not only mechanics and repair shops, but more importantly for anyone who has a car that they don’t work on themselves.
- Car owners can have peace of mind knowing the mechanic working on their vehicle is not only experienced, but up to date on their industry knowledge, making them qualified to handle just about any repair on your vehicle.
- Repair shops benefit from qualifying for the Blue Seal of Excellence Recognition Program as well. Not only do customers recognize and respect a business certified through ASE, mechanics also get more business through the website’s finder app.
- Auto professionals have a far easier time finding jobs once they are certified through ASE. This is because automotive garages want to hire the best, and an ASE mechanic is top of the line experience wise in the industry. An ASE certification on a mechanic’s resume commands a great deal of respect and speaks to the potential employee’s knowledge and experience.
Why The Automotive Service Excellence Certification Matters To PMC
The main reasons Protect My Car chooses to use ASE certified mechanics for repairs is for customer security and quality of repairs. If a customer brings in their vehicle to be repaired, they want to know that the job is being done right. At Protect My Car, customer satisfaction is what we strive for. This is why all of the mechanics approved under our vehicle service contract must have this certification. We give you the freedom to choose which mechanic you want to go through so long as they are certified by the National Institution for Automotive Service Excellence.
With this certification, we’re confident in the work that the mechanic will provide for our customers.
If the ASE seal is on display on the front entrance of a mechanic’s garage, you can be confident in knowing that at least one of the mechanics in that building are up to date on their certifications through ASE and hold one of the best automotive educations available to people in their profession.
We know we can stand behind the work of these mechanics and that is important to us.
Where To Find An ASE Mechanic
Across the country, there are nearly 1,500 automotive repair shops where a large percentage of the technicians are ASE-certified professionals. There are even more who have a few ASE employees. You can visit ASE.com to find mechanic locations certified by the brand near you.
How Many ASE Mechanics Are There?
A LOT. You shouldn’t have to look too terribly hard to find an ASE mechanic in your area. There are over 300,000 mechanics who have been certified by ASE in the last 50 years. If you have a favorite mechanic, odds are that they are certified through ASE, so give them a call to see if your vehicle service contract through Protect My Car will be accepted at their location.
Are Walmart Mechanics ASE Certified?
Yes! Walmart does employ many ASE certified mechanics and they are one of the locations where you can use your vehicle service contract from Protect My Car. Keep in mind that Walmart is not a full service garage and you may not be able to get your needed service done at a Walmart store, but it is definitely worth looking into!
Verifying If Your Mechanic Is ASE Certified
- Make A List Of Highly Rated Shops In Your Area- By making a list of well reviewed shops in your area, you give yourself the opportunity to pick and choose based on the feeling that you got from the shop when you call them. And that is the next step!
- Call The Mechanics On Your List- Call these mechanics you have listed out on the phone and talk to them. You can tell them that you are a Protect My Car vehicle service contract holder and that you are looking for a quality shop to get your repairs done. Ask them if their shop is certified through ASE.
- You can always use the ASE website as a source for finding and verifying certified mechanics in your area.
- Call Protect My Car And Verify- If you have any questions, CALL US! Protect My Car will be happy to point you in the direction of the ASE mechanics in your area and the ones who we work with regularly. You can also verify by visiting the shops and asking to see their ASE certifications for more clarification.
Don’t Forget You Can Use Your VSC At Your Dealership!
Most dealership mechanics are covered under your vehicle service contract through Protect My Car. Give them a call and ask if they partner with Protect My Car to cover your repairs. If you have any questions about mechanics covered under your policy, feel free to give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you find the answer to your questions.
Never Get Yourself Into Debt Over Car Repairs Again By Choosing Protect My Car
Car repairs can be absurdly expensive, and you can expect those unexpected repairs before too long no matter what vehicle you drive. Car repairs are an unfortunate part of owning and operating a vehicle. Eventually something is going to break and wow can it be expensive to replace and repair these parts.
If you have to replace the engine block it could cost you more than $10,000 depending on the make and model of your vehicle. Most people don’t have a spare ten grand lying around in their bank accounts, or even an extra $2,500 if their transmission blows.
The cost of repairs will depend on your vehicle, but it can cost you thousands of dollars to make repairs to components like the transmission and suspension, which is money most Americans don’t have.
If that cost seems absurd to you, luckily you aren’t alone. We’re on a mission to make car repairs more affordable to the every day working person. With Protect My Car, you don’t have to hold your breath every time that check engine light comes on. Protect My Car is basically an insurance policy for the mechanical features in your car. If your car breaks down when you have a policy with us you pay a deductible for covered expenses and we take care of getting the car repaired and covering the cost.
A vehicle service contract from Protect My Car can help cover the cost of these excessive repairs. In fact, you could pay as little as $100 dollars for that $5,000 engine replacement.
Yes, you heard that right.
For less that the cost of a cup of coffee each day, you can get coverage for:
- A/C and Heating
- Navigation and Electronics
- …and so much more.
When you walk into the repair shop with a coverage plan from PMC, you can rest assured that you will never pay for these repairs listed here. You pay a $100 deductible, just like insurance and we pay the rest.
Does that sound like a fair deal to you?
If it does, just fill out the form below for a free quote, and see how great it can be to never have to pay for car repairs ever again. It couldn’t be more simple to get a quote from us and you could find yourself saving thousands of dollars per year on car repairs. Below this diagram you will find a button “click for a free quote” from there you can call us or simply get a hassle free quote online.
Protect My Car offers multiple levels of extended coverage for vehicles. The chart below outlines what those levels cover and how much the deductible will cost.